Basic Life Support
CPR for Medical Professionals Only
Basic Life Support (BLS) Classroom is a traditional Instructor led course that covers one and two rescuer CPR for adults, children, and infants. Proper use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and Bag Valve Mask (BVM) is covered along with what to do if someone is choking. A written test will be administered along with a skills assessment during the course.
BLS is designed for professionals who work or will work in the healthcare environment: ie., nurses, doctors, nursing assistants, dentists, and students entering the medical profession.
- BLS: $65
- Heartcode BLS Skills: $45
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
BLS In-Person Classroom
A traditional instructor led course that covers one and two rescuer CPR for adults, children and infants. Proper use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) is covered along with what to do if someone is choking. A written test will be administered along with a skills assessment during the course.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.